What is 1G,2G,3G,4G and 5G in mobile phones?
The mobile communication technology is full of acronyms and abbreviations,and we all often came across some terms like 2G,3G4G and 5G.
So,here we are going to discuss about some mobile terminologies.
Here we begin,
1G,2G,3G,4G and 5G represents the 5 generations of mobile network.
- 1G- First Generation
- 2G- Second Generation
- 3G- Third Generation
- 4G- Fourth Generation
- 5G- Fifth Generation
- 6G- Sixth Generation(Currently under development)
Each generation of mobile network brought a significant development with it.
1G– 1G stands for first generation of wireless cellular technology(mobile telecommunications).These are the analog cellular system,introduced in the 1980’s and continued till replaced by 2G Digital telecommunications. 1G was completely analog while 2G networks were completely digital. 1G was used for voice calls that too with low voice quality and poor connection.
2G– 2G stands for second generation of wireless cellular technology. 2G was completely digital as compared to 1G.Due to its digital signals, it improved its security. The 2G users could even send SMS and MMS messages. And when GPRS( General Packet Radio Service) was introduced in 1997, users could even send and receive E-mails.
3G– 3G stands for third generation. It is not only wireless cellular technology,it is also broadband mobile wireless network technology. 3G is much faster as compared to 2G,it could transfer greater amount of data than 2G.With 3G user could video call,share files and also can surf over web and we can also watch movies and T.V online.we could also play games in 3G cell phones
4G– 4G stands for fourth generation of broadband mobile wireless network technology,invented by Teliasonera in 2009. 4G went one step further than 3G.4G is 10 times faster than 3G. 4G speeds between 20mbps to 150mbps.which is actually 10 times faster than 3G.Under 4G users can experience less buffering,higher voice and video call quality,it also gives access to instant messaging services on social media.It makes faster downloads and quality streaming.
5G– 5G stands for fifth generation in telecommunications industry.Beyond improvement in speed,the 5G network gives lower latency,higher capacity of downloading and also increased bandwidth compared to 4G.
speed of 5G is 20x the 4G.it means within a blink we can download movie or games like PUBG or Free Fire .so in terms of speed their is no challenge to 5G, till date 6G is not invented.
Benefits of 5G-
- By using shorter,higher frequency bands of radio spectrum 5G promises to faster speed,lower latency rate and greater download peak speed.
- 5G could provide download speed 10-20 times the 4G
6G– 6G stands for sixth generation standard in telecommunications industry.It is currently under development.It uses advanced technology than 5G.By using higher frequency radio bands,it will give much faster speed than 5G and lower latency rate,it is able to support sophisticated mobile device and systems like automated cars.
By lead between 5G and 6G in network speed the 6G is much faster than 5G,but the question arises that what 6G bring that 5G could not?
The most obvious answer is it an increase download speeds (estimated to almost 1TB- one terabyte per second). Its not a just thing 1Tb means 1000gb.
Let us see differences between these generations of telecommunication of-:
Between 4G and 5G
Between 3G and 4G
As compared to 3G, 4G is anytime faster. 4G allows good quality voice and video calls while 3G doesn’t. Data transfer speed of 4G is 1Gbps but 3G only supports upto 42mbps. 4G is better than 3G in terms of peak speed and latency rate.Glossary -:
- telecommunication – communication over a distance by cable,telegraph,or broadcasting.
- Analog cellular system – An analog cellular system refers to first generation of wireless cellular technology. Analog cellular system is in the form of waves.
- Digital cellular system– An digital cellular system is used with 2G and further generations. Digital cellular system is in the discrete form.
- wireless cellular technology – wireless cellular technology provides ability to communicate without the use of wires or cables.
- GPRS– Stands for general packet radio service – is an always on system which connects your phone to internet.
- Broadband – Broadband is actually a high-speed internet connection to enjoy everything that internet offers.It is a permanent internet connection.
- Bandwidth– Bandwidth is amount of data transferred from one to another in network within specific time.
- Latency rate– Buffering rate
- Peak speed– Top speed
- Mbps– 1MB of data transfer per second
- Gbps– 1GB of data transfer per second
- Tbps– 1TB of data transfer per second which is estimated to be 1000 GB.
conclusion – so guys in this post i explained you what is 1G,2G,3G,4G, and 5G in mobile phones.
I hope you loved the article, and learnt something new. Stay tuned with Pushkartoshniwal for more tech updates.
Thank you for reading.