Spotify, one of the most popular music streaming platforms, offers a seamless music listening experience to millions of users worldwide. However, occasionally, users encounter issues while logging into their Spotify accounts, specifically the “Check Your Phone Number” problem.
For some devices, it shows the message:
“Oops! Something went wrong, please try again or check out our help area”
This error message can be irritating, but fret not! In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the troubleshooting steps to resolve the “Check Your Phone Number” issue on Spotify. By following these steps, you’ll be back to enjoying your favorite tunes in no time.
Fix: Check your Phone Number Spotify problem
1. Ensure the Correct Phone Number Format
The first step is to verify that you have entered your phone number correctly. Even a minor typo can lead to authentication issues. Double-check the country code and the number itself, ensuring there are no spaces, dashes, or other special characters.
If you’re unsure about the correct format, visit the official Spotify support page or contact their customer service for assistance.
2. Clear Cache and Cookies
Clearing cache and cookies from your web browser can often resolve login-related issues. Start by logging out of your Spotify account and closing the application or browser window. Then, clear the cache and cookies by following these steps:
- For Google Chrome:
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner of the browser window.
- Go to “More Tools” and select “Clear browsing data.”
- In the popup window, choose “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files.”
- Click on “Clear data” to complete the process.
- For Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner of the browser window.
- Go to “Options” and select “Privacy & Security.”
- Under the “Cookies and Site Data” section, click on “Clear Data.”
- Check the boxes for “Cookies and Site Data” and “Cached Web Content,” then click “Clear.”
3. Disable VPN or Proxy
If you use a virtual private network (VPN) or a proxy server, it’s possible that Spotify’s authentication system is detecting it as suspicious activity. Temporarily disable any VPN or proxy service you have enabled and attempt to log in again.
If the issue persists, try switching to a different VPN server or contact your VPN provider for further assistance.
4. Update the Spotify App
Outdated versions of the Spotify app can sometimes cause login issues. Ensure that you are using the latest version of the Spotify app on your device whether it is Android or iOS. Visit the app store on your mobile device or the Spotify website to download and install any available updates. Once updated, try logging in again.
5. Reset Your Password
If none of the previous steps have resolved the issue, consider resetting your Spotify account password. Follow these steps to reset your password:
- Visit the Spotify login page and click on “Forgot your password?”
- Enter the email address associated with your Spotify account and click “Send.”
- Check your email for a password reset link from Spotify.
- Click on the link provided and follow the instructions to reset your password.
- Once the password is reset, try logging into your Spotify account with the new credentials.
6. Use Another Browser or operate in Incognito mode
If you’re still encountering the “Check Your Phone Number” issue on Spotify, it may be worth trying a different web browser or operating in incognito mode. Sometimes, browser-specific issues or conflicting extensions can cause login problems. Here’s how you can proceed:
Using another browser or operating in incognito mode can help isolate the issue and determine whether it’s browser-related. If you’re able to log in successfully using an alternate browser or incognito mode, consider troubleshooting your original browser or contacting its support for further assistance.
7. Link Your Email to Facilitate Easy Account Recovery
To enhance the security and ease of account recovery, consider linking your email address to your Spotify account. By doing so, you’ll have an additional option for account verification and password reset in case you encounter login issues in the future. Follow these steps to link your email address:
Once you link your Spotify account with your mail, you can use it as an alternative method for account recovery and receive important notifications regarding your account.
8. Contact support
If you have registered only a phone number on your account and can’t log in to it, we suggest that you reach out directly to our Support team through any of these channels so they can further assist you with this.
Encountering the “Check Your Phone Number” issue on Spotify can be frustrating, but by following the step-by-step troubleshooting guide outlined above, you should be able to overcome this problem.
Try to double-check your phone number format, clear cache and cookies, disable VPN or proxy, update the Spotify app, and reset your password if necessary. If the issue persists, don’t hesitate to reach out to Spotify’s customer support for further assistance. Soon enough, you’ll be back to enjoying uninterrupted music streaming on Spotify. Happy listening!